Nutrition Information Panel (NIP)
Develop a Nutrition Information Panel (NIP) from your own recipe.
- Create a standard NIP in correct format
- Save hundreds of dollars on Laboratory testing
- Make other NIP claims correctly
- Gluten, Cholesterol & Lactose free claims
- Dietary fibre, Vitamin and Mineral composition
- Omega 3,6,9 and other fatty acid claims
- Ingredients are described correctly
- Ingredients are placed in the correct order
- Characterising ingredients identified with correct % applied
- Food additives declared correctly
- Identify which ingredients must need to be declared and which can be left off
Allergens, warning and advisory statements
- Identifying and, correctly declaring allergens
- Putting any warning and warning and advisory statements on the label in the prescribed manner
Best Before or Use By date? Storage and Preparation Instructions
- Determine if you product is a “Use BY” or “Best Before”
- Advice on shelf testing to determine shelf life
- Work out an appropriate storage life
- Storage, preparation and Use instructions are developed
Nutrient Profile Scoring Calculations NPSC claims
- Perform Nutrient Profile Scoring Calculator (NPSC) calculations to determine if standard 1.2.7 requirements are met
- Standard 1.2.7 include 150+ pre-approved Health claims that can be used on eligible products i.e.
- Low in fat, sugar, High in fibre
- A diet low in sodium reduces blood pressure
“Carlinda does a great job of our coconut labels – with very professional NIP Panels with helpful opinions on further health claims” Chris Wyllie Tavulomu Processing.
“Carlinda helps us and our customers with NIP and labels. She does a great job and advises us on what we are allowed to say”Angela – iCook
Let’s Work Together!
From a simple Nutrition Information Panel – right through to Health Star ratings and Health claims.